Friday, November 13, 2015

Disputing Mistakes on your Credit Report Recently Has Become Much Easier

Clients frequently ask me how they can correct mistakes on their credit reports.  It's a smart idea to check your credit report once per year for errors.  People can obtain one free report from all three bureaus one time per year.  You can go to for details on how to obtain your free credit reports.

If you do notice errors, you now can file your dispute online, instead of having to send letters by U.S. Mail.

This recent informative article in the NY Times will show you how you can file your dispute:

Particularly after having filed for bankruptcy, it is important that your debts which were discharged show a zero balance, and that no other hurtful errors are present on your credit reports.